Our people make all the difference in our success.
The Compensation Specialist leads and/or participates in the implementation and administration of compensation plans including special projects and the annual compensation process ensuring they are supportive of the company’s strategic business goals. Is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing the successful delivery of the Total Reward’s Compensation programs and ensuring a positive customer experience. Gains in-depth knowledge and stays apprised of compensation programs and policies. The position will utilize discretion in decision-making and being a subject matter expert in the administration of the compensation programs for the Americas. Furthermore, is responsible for coordinating and leading Global Compensation activities as needed. This position supports the Customer Interaction Center (CIC) or Tier 1 in developing and updating call scripts and managing tier 2 inquiries. The position provides expertise and is a point of contact cross functionally with the Compensation Center of Excellence (CoE) and reports to the Americas Associate Service Center Compensation Manager.
This position will enjoy a flexible schedule of working remote two days a week and in the office three days a week.
Key Responsibilities (Top Tasks & Outcomes for Which This Position Will be Accountable)
- Support the annual compensation planning cycle in Workday, among other system projects. Support responsibilities may include definition of compensation set-up requirements, process design, configuration input and approval, data effort, preparation of pre-launch data and process launch, creation of communication/training materials, post-launch support, liaise with Human Resources and Compensation COE and conduct data audits.
- Liaise with HRIT team to implement compensation setup change and lead/perform detailed validation and testing of system changes.
- Monitor and maintain compensation-related data integrity via Workday platform.
- Coordinates data management (Workday configuration and compensation data integrity), payouts and related correspondence explaining and interpreting plans and programs to participants.
- Partners with Human Resources and other various internal stakeholders on all compensation related matters, such as, base pay, incentives, compensation analyses, compensation tools, merger and acquisition integration, and other compensation related policies, programs, and strategies.
- Participate in yearly survey submissions.
- Partners and collaborates with the Compensation CoE for effective delivery of the programs.
- Leads and/or oversees the technical (i.e. Workday) end of various compensation projects to review base pay, incentives, merit, pay adjustments and other compensation related topics.
- Conduct studies, presentations, impact analyses, modeling, costing, ad hoc data reporting, HRIS reviews, and other specialized data projects as needed.
- Run compensation reports out of Workday to assist with in-depth compensation data analysis.
- Conducts various annual pay reviews including producing metrics on performance distribution, percent in range, merit movement, position in range, payroll growth and other metrics and analyses as needed.
- Ensures all compensation plans, programs and practices remain legally compliant with federal and state laws and/or regulations relating to compensation.
- Research and provide staff with technical tier 2 support and guidance on the compensation programs and processes (respond to and resolve increasingly complex issues).
- Effectively research and manages employee, manager, and human resources business partner (HRBP) questions and escalations through the case management tool.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement initiatives to ensure compensation services are effectively delivered.
- May provide education and guidance on compensation programs and practices to other ASC team members.
* Flexible schedule to include remote work-from-home days. The ideal candidate will live in the San Antonio area with 2 remote working days; candidates who reside in Austin or Houston will have 3 remote days a week.
Educational Qualifications & Previous Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree specialized in Human Resources, Business, or Finance preferred or Diploma with equivalent working experience
- Previous experience in the operation and administration of Total Rewards/sub-Total Rewards function
- Previous experience in Workday preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the administration of compensation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a service delivery environment preferably in human resources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Workday experience is strongly desirable
- Ability to pay close attention to details and use time effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to independently compose routine written communications
- Proficient in the administration of compensation programs
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to use that information to represent the service center to the CoE using influence and persuasion to ensure process considerations are accounted for in new or modified programs and policies
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Professional of Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) Certification
- Six Sigma or Lean Management Certification
Applicable Operational Languages
- English Expert proficiency in English, with at least one other language preferred
Apply at: https://jobs.bd.com/job/houston/compensation-specialist/30285/15252086