San Antonio Water System (SAWS) / in San Antonio, Texas
$62,537.00 - $107,301.00 Annually
Advertised From: 08/18/2022 to 09/18/2022 11:59 p.m.
JOB SUMMARY The Compensation Analyst provides compensation expertise by advising and directly supporting Human Resources team members and all levels of management in providing compensation solutions covering a wide range of pay issues including job structure and salary range development, base pay administration, and pay guidance. This position serves as a collaborative team-member in the design, development, and implementation of corporate-wide compensation programs, practices, policies and procedures that are competitive, cost-effective, and equitable. Leads projects and initiatives impacting corporate-wide pay plans and policies and coordinates and collaborates with cross-functional teams in the development and implementation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the daily and strategic administration and analysis of compensation programs including base pay, performance-pay, and performs complex assignments and problem resolution across all corporate functions.
- Provides guidance, interpretation, and coaching to HR team members and management on compensation policies and procedures and recommends solutions to problems or issues not covered by established practices.
- Conducts job analysis efforts to include developing, and recommending new and revised job descriptions by utilizing current job evaluation/market pricing methodology and applying Fair Labor Standards Act guidelines.
- Participates in the development, preparation, coordination, and implementation of the administration and analysis of base pay adjustments (annual performance pay increases, cost of living increases, living wage increases), salary structure changes, and incentive payouts in collaboration with HR team members, Information Services, payroll, and budget, as needed.
- Participates in numerous published and private compensation and other related human resources surveys used to identify external competitiveness of jobs, pay policies, and practices; utilizes compensation software to determine market position of jobs and to create reports and analysis
- Reviews and recommends hourly, salary, and executive level salary offers and salary adjustments for conformance to established policies, practices, and guidelines, ensuring internal and external equity, and legal compliance of organizational pay practices.
- Conducts special studies, custom surveys, and special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends relating to HR and recommends best practices or solutions.
- Collaborates with team members and senior leadership to influence organizational design and pay structures, performance management practices, and total rewards strategies to ensure market competitiveness.
- Maintains relationships with industry/peer organizations in order to identify and analyze organizational trends and best practices in compensation and recommend appropriate action.
- Researches and analyzes statistical information, methods, processes, procedures, technology, and creates statistical/analytical reports, presentations, and cost projections.
- Develops and conducts training and communication materials on compensation-related topics to continually educate management and employees on corporate compensation philosophy, programs, and practices to ensure appropriate performance, and pay decisions, and compliance with legal standards.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of relevant human resources discipline(s); provides insight and guides management on issues identifying opportunities and potential solutions.
- Applies and interprets compensation plans, policies and procedures, and Federal, State and local legal requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed with independence and minimal supervision using discretion and judgment appropriate to the job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration, or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Two years’ experience in the compensation field and/or data analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, and/or supporting documentation, including Excel.
- Valid Class ‘C’ Texas Driver’s License.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accredited agency.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Professional in Human Resources designation (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources designation (SPHR).
- Knowledge of relevant laws, such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment Opportunity and American with Disabilities Act.
- Knowledge of classification and compensation systems and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to lead, coordinate, and implement multiple and complex activities.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to independently set priorities, meet timelines, and use rational judgment in decision making.
- Ability to prepare detailed and accurate reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally. Subject to sitting and standing for long periods of time. Requires visual acuity, speech and hearing. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment and performs occasional field visits. May operate a company or personal vehicle to conduct field visits.Interested Applicants Will Need to Apply Online at: https://www.saws.org/career-opportunities/