This position is responsible for supporting multiple aspects of compensation including providing direction and consultative advice related to the development and monitoring of base and supplemental pay programs, salary setting, and job evaluations. This role requires a background of strong analytics, project management, and experience with financial modeling.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
- Be recognized by your internal customers as a trusted strategic advisor through your understanding of their business and delivering compensation solutions that support the business needs.
- Establishes and fosters collaborative working relations with key stakeholders that include business leaders and Talent Partners.
- Partners with department managers to ensure that compensation programs, processes, and competitive pay benchmarks are understood and aligned with the business strategy.
- Evaluates the competitiveness of the compensation programs by participating in surveys and collecting and analyzing statistical data from internal and external market sources.
- Conducts job evaluations and provides consultation to business leaders on the job review process.
- Responsible for implementing the re-classification process, processing requests, and making initial salary recommendations.
- Formulates recommendations regarding salary ranges, incentive/supplemental structures, and development of district salary structures.
- Advise managers and Talent Partners on individual hiring or promotion rates based on candidate or employee pay history, external market data, internal comparisons and district practices & guidelines.
- Manages Contract Administration to include collection of recommendations and distribution.
- Manages the administration of Compensation Notices and other Compensation communications.
- Coordinates and runs special projects to accomplish goals of the Compensation Department and District as assigned.
- Develops spreadsheet models for financial analysis to determine the impact of compensation plan design changes, new plan proposals, living wage and general pay increases.
- Runs, compiles, analyzes various compensation data elements, develops reports and documentation as needed.
- Leads the system implementation of living wage and the general pay increase process.
- Provides budget analysis and recommendations, modeling results, and setting up compensation support tools.
- Monitors and guides Talent Partners on escalated questions regarding related experience documented on Experience Affidavits.
- All other functional department duties as assigned.
- Serves as a lead on compensation related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree; or an Associate’s Degree with 2 years additional related experience.
- 6 + years recent, progressive compensation or other related experience.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy required.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative job evaluation methodology.
- Experience using HRIS systems, and conducting data analysis using spreadsheets, databases and/or statistical software to produce original analysis and recommendations.
- Strong mathematical aptitude, including commonly used statistical applications (e.g., mean, mode, variability, regression).
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of public or private personnel policies, practices, and procedures (e.g., position classification, salary administration).
- Knowledge of a variety of occupations (e.g., district's standard job classes).
- Knowledge of Human Resource Department processes and compensation best practices.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures, Federal and State employment laws and statutes.
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non- refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the applicant.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SHPR) certification preferred.
- Experience working for a Public School District.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to understand the consequences of compensation related decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to organize complex projects and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve and act decisively.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to present complex data in easily understood messages.
Apply At: https://saisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=4254