Reports to the Americas Sr. Manager, Total Rewards; this position leads the efficient and effective delivery of BD’s Global and US Compensation Programs. The position will lead a team of Compensation Specialists and work with a global team to deliver the compensation programs.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for leading the delivery BD’s global and US compensation programs, policies and processes. The Total Rewards Compensation Manager participates in the implementation and administration of compensation plans including special projects and the annual compensation process ensuring they are supportive of the company’s strategic business goals.
This role manages the day-to-day activities of compensation including partnering with Human Resource and other various internal stakeholders on all compensation related matters, such as, base pay, incentives, merger and acquisition integration, and other compensation related policies, programs, and strategies. Sets and monitors SLA’s and performance metrics to ensures customer satisfaction and targets are met. Acts as a change agent working with global and US stakeholders to ensure continuous improvements are implemented for all related work streams. Monitors and evaluates on-going changes, services and/or processes improvements.
Partners with the Global Compensation/Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) to ensure service delivery remains closely aligned with program and policy design and strategic business objectives.
1. Key Responsibilities · Manages, leads and develops a team of Compensation Specialists.
· Provides operational and technical oversight of the annual compensation planning cycle in Workday, among other system projects. Oversight responsibilities may include definition of compensation set-up requirements, process design, configuration input and approval, data effort, preparation of pre-launch data and process launch, creation of communication/training materials, post-launch support, and data audits.
· Partners and collaborates with the Compensation CoE for effective delivery of the programs.
· Partners in the development and implementation of compensation processes.
· Provides operation and technical oversight of the annual surveys, various compensation projects to review base pay, incentives, merit, pay adjustments, compensation metrics, and other compensation related topics.
· Actively partners with internal stakeholders (i.e. HRBPs, CoE) for initiatives transitioning to the center.
· Partners with Human Resource and other various internal stakeholders on all compensation related matters, such as, base pay, incentives, merger and acquisition integration, and other compensation related policies, programs, and strategies.
· Supports the HR transformation journey by participating in, setting up and stabilizing the Compensation team of the Americas ASC. Leads Global Compensation ASC responsibilitites as appropriate.
2. Educational Qualifications & Previous Experience· Bachelor’s Degree with a professional HR/Business Administration qualification
· Five years’ hands on experience in managing Compensation programs
· Minimum of three years’ hands on supervisory experience
3. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to independently compose routine written communications
· Proficient in the administration of compensation programs
· Strong knowledge in HRIS and integration. WorkDay experience is desirable.
· Ability to align and motivate resources to meet/exceed customer expectations
· Collaborative experience in a matrixed organization
· Ability to think strategically and operationally
· Detail oriented; understand big picture while being able to explain and implement specific processes
· Organization and interpersonal savvy to navigate ambiguous situations and influence senior leaders
· Certified Compensation Profession Certificate (CCP) is desirable
For further information and to apply please go to: https://jobs.bd.com/job/san-antonio/compensation-manager/159/14531557